Discussion 1 to Meditation 646
You have seen the point
by: Aage Kokvik
Your opinion of "Ecclesiastes" was:
- "Life is pointless (or has no meaning.)
- What we do in life, what we think, what we feel - is all entirely pointless.
- Whatever we do, or fail to do, the world will continue long after we are gone.
- We are all going to die.
- Neither we nor our works will be remembered after we are dead.
- And finally, while we are alive "Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man"
That's our complete duty while we are alive? To fear God? To worship God (which is the main thrust of the 10 Commandments."
You see the "meaning of life" (according to Salomo) in the 6 point - of your own conclusion.
Whatever we do of things that - according to man - is valuable, is a waste..meaningless and worse.
You have seen the point - with the book - and are obviously not aware of it.
..but you HAVE seen it.
The only "meaning of life" - according to Salomo - is in unity with God.
Everything else - is meaningless.
- Editor's Note: I think the writer is referring to Solomon here - Salomo is a rarely used (in English) alternate spelling.