A Miscellany 246
Proposal for an agnostic podcast
by: The Reverend Chuck Moreland
To open a discussion on this article, please use the contact page to provide your comments
Hello to all my fellow Apathetic Agnostics (and everyone else)...
I am looking into the possibility of starting an Agnostic podcast. Maybe something put out monthly or every other week covering the world of Agnosticism. I figure we could have lots of interviews since we have some exciting working happening all over the world with the church. Simply a podcast to help connect our global community even more.
General themes I had in mind:
- - Interviews with fellow Agnotics and how they are sharing or taking action
- - Open discussions on Philosophy and belief structures within the Church
- - Cover current new stories around general religion and its impact
- - trying to teach creationism in schools
- - trying to prevent Atheist from holding office
- - abuse and oppression of women and children all around the world
- - oh so so so many more...
- - Cover events happening within the Church
- - Like right now, maybe having some special coverage of the 12 days of Agnostimas and celebration tips and ideas...
So this is what I am thinking... It would be great to find one or two other people that would like to participate. I know I always enjoy listening to podcast with at least 2 to 3 folks that bounce ideas off each other and discuss. I would want to follow the general formats on many of the Skeptic podcasts. Such as:
- Righteous Indignation Podcast
- http://www.theskepticsguide.org/ - Skeptic's Guide to the Universe
Name Idea: "The Agnostic Fundamentalists".
Tag Line: "Critical Thinking on religion, spirituality, and the non-belief"
Skeleton Show Format for 30 to 45minutes:
- ~1m - Show intro (anyone want to come up with a cool intro and closing?)
- 5m - Share news items relating to Religion, Spirituality, Atheism, Agnosticism, etc...
- ~20m - Discuss the Topic of the week we each did research on...
- ~20m - Interview with someone in the Religion, Spirituality, Atheism, Agnosticism, etc community
- 5m - Crazy religious quote of the week
- 1m - Show housekeeping - announcements, plugs, feedback encouragement, etc.
- ~1m - Show closing (more chances to create an awesome closing)
All I need now is one or two (more would be welcome) volunteers to help me with this. You can contact me either via the site contact form which JT will pass on to me, or by responding to my post on the main uctaa forum.