Ask the Patriarch 250
Your church's views.
To give your own views on this question and reply for publication, please use the contact page to provide your comments.
Hello, my name is Madeleine. With respect & curiosity, I was wondering about your church's views.
I am a young woman very interested in different religions & like to hear opinions from different sides on various topics. Could you please respond with your church's views on gay marriage, abortion, & feminism.
Please include why you think so too. Thank you very much.
The Patriarch replies:
This church's overall view on morality is that it is up to the individual to make a personal decision. We try not to dictate morality. But we do provide a forum here to exchange views. The issues of abortion and same-sex marriage have been discussed. I'll provide some links to some of the discussion.
- Reflections on Ethics 8: Signs of Liars
- and 7 discussion items starting here.
- Reflections on Ethics 36: Position Statement on Abortion
- and 11 discussion items starting here.
- Reflections on Ethics 29: The Philosophy of Killing.
- Reflections on Ethics 52: Hypocrisy in South Dakota
- Meditation 15: The School Project
- Ask the Patriarch 137: I'm doing some research about Agnosticism
- Ask the Patriarch 145: What are your personal views on current issues today?
- Reflections on Ethics 21: Myths About Marriage
- Reflections on Ethics 56: Slippery slope family values
- Meditation 149: On Same-Sex Marriage
- and 6 discussion items starting here.
- Meditation 189: Same-Sex Marriage
Feminism comes in so many hues that it is difficult to have a position on it. I think the closest I have come in addressing this issue was in answering this question:
Ask the Patriarch 63: The "Proper Place" for Women
The above references are not the only times these issues are discussed on the site. Please browse the site. You will find much of interest.