What Happened to My Application?
The issue of degrees and ordinations is not a fully automated process. Errors and omissions do occur.
If you did not receive an acknowledgement message within 48 hours, it may be for one of the following reasons:
- Your email address was in error;
- Your application failed screening;
- Personal travel may have delayed a response (this is usually advertised on the site)
- Your application disappeared into Internet limbo; or
- The reply disappeared into Internet limbo.
If you do not get an acknowledgement of your application within a week, and you feel you should have, then resubmit the application, and specify in the comments block that it is a resubmission.
If you received the acknowledgement and responded to it, and your application has not been actioned within a reasonable period, then reply again to the acknowledgement querying the status of your application, provided your problem is not listed below.
- Full Mailbox; Some services enforce limits on how much space you can use. A full mailbox rejects incoming mail, particularly messages with large attachments (approx 150K per certificate) If you are a packrat and save all your incoming and outgoing mail, then transfer it to your own computer, or pay to upgrade your "free" email account.
- Unanswered Queries; Sometimes we question information provided; the most frequent being apparent misspellings of the applicant's name, or what looks to be a false name (Bezos the Clown?) If you do not answer the question within a week, then your application is cancelled.
- Wrong Answers; There are several questions which require you to answer "Yes." If your conscience requires you to answer "No," then we suggest you get your degrees and ordination elsewhere.
- Oversight: We are not perfect. With the volume of submissions, mistakes happen. Your reminder generally solves this.
- Multiple Applications; Some people find it amusing to see how many applications they can submit. They are far too easily amused and have time to waste. We aren't, we don't, and we find the "Delete" key is the most efficient response. For more information on multiple applications, go here.